Running The Survius Linux Client
At the time of writing this I am playing on the Survius 0.64 Linux client. My Linux distro is Korora 25 (Fedora 25).

I had no issues running the client. Literally the only thing I had to do was right click on the executable, goto the permission tab, and check "Allow executing file as program". However, I wanted to provide some information which may be useful for trouble shooting if someone does run into issues. The obvious being the library dependencies.

To find this out in terminal I typed

Code:
objdump -p /path/to/program | grep NEEDED

Which returned the following for me

Code:
 NEEDED               libdl.so.2
 NEEDED               libpthread.so.0
 NEEDED               librt.so.1
 NEEDED               libGLU.so.1
 NEEDED               libGL.so.1
 NEEDED               libX11.so.6
 NEEDED               libXcursor.so.1
 NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
 NEEDED               libm.so.6
 NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1
 NEEDED               libc.so.6

If you run into issues my suggestion is to check that you have the correct dependencies.

To actually check if they are installed. Example:

Code:
ls -l /lib/libdl*
So I downloaded the linux version, unzipped it and chmodded the .x86 (Using the permissions Tab)

then ./Survius.x86
The game ran. Logged in. Chose server

asfter 5 seconds of Loading Game Data..... It crashed

Console output was "Aborted, Core Dumped"

So I tried to check the above dependenxies, - "No such file or directory"

Then i tried sudo apt-get install dependency_name but it returned "Unable to locate libdl..."
(01-25-2017, 11:07 AM)DarkCoder Wrote: So I downloaded the linux version, unzipped it and chmodded the .x86 (Using the permissions Tab)

then ./Survius.x86
The game ran. Logged in. Chose server

asfter 5 seconds of Loading Game Data..... It crashed

Console output was "Aborted, Core Dumped"

So I tried to check the above dependenxies, - "No such file or directory"

Then i tried sudo apt-get install dependency_name  but it returned "Unable to locate libdl..."

Like I said in another thread I am by no means a linux expert but I am sure we can figure this out. First let us try to understand "Aborted, Core Dumped"

Quote:     The default action of certain signals is to cause a process to
      terminate and produce a core dump file, a disk file containing an
       image of the process's memory at the time of termination.  This image
       can be used in a debugger (e.g., gdb(1)) to inspect the state of the
       program at the time that it terminated."

- man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/core.5.html

So somewhere there is a core file with useful information we could use to debug this problem. We can read this information with using the gdb command.

Quote:How do I read core files?
- cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-core-dumps.html

Code:
$ gdb /path/to/application /path/to/corefile

Maybe we will find out info after this to figure out the problem?

Also the  "No such file or directory" makes me think either your libs are stored somewhere else?  or you forgot to type the * after libdl which is a wild card or you simply don't have it. If you actually don't have that file I did a search, and the following package should provide it.

"glibc"

From what I have read this package is needed for your system to function properly so you should have it.

I am updating this post as I go. Here is a list of packages that provide the shared libraries listed above.

package: glibc provides: libdl.so.2, libpthread.so.0, librt.so.1, libm.so.6, libc.so.6
package: mesa-libGLU provides: libGLU.so.1
package: mesa-libGL provides: libGL.so.1
package: libX11 provides: libX11.so.6
package: libXcursor provides: libXcursor.so.1
package: libstdc++ provides: libstdc++.so.6
package: libgcc provides: libgcc_s.so.1

My system uses RPMs so if you are on a Debian based system the .deb packages might be called something slightly different? You will just have to search and find out.

Once everything is figured out I will tidy up this post and add it to the main.

Ubuntu 16.04 i386 iso on a vm with 3000 mp ram. I will look for the sump file and will install all the packages you wrote.. Thankks
Yep, thread's unlocked since linux can be downloaded now
I recently decided to play around with another Linux distro: peppermint Linux (which is Debian based). I thought this would be a good chance to test out the client since I personally did not try it yet on a Debian based distro.

By default it would not run. So I checked if I had the dependencies installed listed above. I did but nothing.... um errr... *brain fart* No actually I didn't have the proper ones. I needed the 32 bit versions not 64 bit..... whoops. Okay so now everything was working fine but no sound. To fix the audio I installed: libpulse0:i386

Now everything seems to be working.