Suggestion: Roaming merchants
I think with the current game roaming merchants will be a bit hard to achieve, mostly because there is no central server, and every player basically is responsible for his own zombies, deer, stones, etc. Roaming merchants will put a lot of load on one player, so that's a no-go.

But I have tossed the idea around for a trader camp somewhere on the map, where PvP is turned off temporarily and you can trade items. This way you can finally get that toolbox you need, by trading it for two guns, or something like that.

Or perhaps the only currency they take is scrap metal.
Btw.. did you checked my previous post in the off-topic section? the one about The Dead Linger
(12-05-2018, 10:05 AM)chaozz Wrote: I think with the current game roaming merchants will be a bit hard to achieve, mostly because there is no central server, and every player basically is responsible for his own zombies, deer, stones, etc. Roaming merchants will put a lot of load on one player, so that's a no-go.

But I have tossed the idea around for a trader camp somewhere on the map, where PvP is turned off temporarily and you can trade items. This way you can finally get that toolbox you need, by trading it for two guns, or something like that.

Or perhaps the only currency they take is scrap metal.

What about..

Make the military camp completely closed except for one gate and fill it with military NPCs. You can only get in if you are disarmed, as soon as you arm a weapon the NPCs will KOS. This might be more fun and realistic than an area that toggles pvp off. Someone (Manhattan the first) can go rogue and try kill all NPCs... best of luck.

Then, back to trading, each tent could have a specific group of objects to trade with. There can be a standing NPC inside watching for a vault where players can auction their items. Sort of like in WoW.
I was thinking something like that aswell... btw... you can be armed around the place, yet if they see you aiming they will kos (I bet manhattan would stay around the camp and try to kill anyone who would wanna enter as they would need to disarm themselves.) And, inside the camp, disarmed.
Yes, closed bridge could be a bottle neck. You can add more militaries at the beguining of the bridge where the cars are. So once you reach the bridge area you are safe.

And yes, maybe aim pose can trigger KOS of NPCs. It will avoid a few accidents xD
There could be also some npcs patrolling the crash site.