Why So much Whining.....?
Why all of a sudden so much whining from the players?  I know I'm not active in the game, but try to stay relevant in the forums still when I have time, but seems like there's just been alot of whining going on.  I know we just wiped Metal recently, but the comments I'm seeing about how people are upset they lost 60 pieces of metal that they voluntarily said they gained from exploiting the airdrop system.  It kills me, the "gall" these folks have about changing a widely exploited feature.

I remember back "in the day" When Whitewolf and I just got started, I logged in one day and i was standing in the field, not my base I had just spend hours working on the previous day.  Whitewolf just said in the Chat, "It's all gone, KC" and we started chopping wood again.  That was the extent of it.  No complaining needed.  It was the nature of the game.

Look at Rust for example.  I know this isn't Rust, and Chaozz has no plans to make it like Rust, but they have mandatory monthly wipes, and some servers wipe weekly.  EVERYTHING, even the stuff on you.  When I first read about that, I was like...WOW, dealbreaker, how do you ever get ahead.  But then I realized that community likes the frequent wipes and actually understands it helps gameplay.  It keeps the servers "clean" and resets everyone every so often to level the game field.  You complain about lag, and other things that could very well be caused by the database having to keep up with 1600 surplus pieces of metal, or player bases so big it stretches beyond the draw distance.  This kind of stuff slows it all down.  You complain that OP clans run around and dominate the servers, imagine just logging on for the first time ever and getting hit by one of these clans, everytime you start to build they just kill you, cause they have the guns already and a bag, and huge base with plenty of supplies.  If Survius had scheduled monthly wipes, then that new player would know that they'd get their chance in a month to start day 1 with everyone else.

Imagine if you will, the entire Survius community knows that a total server wipe will happen on the last Friday of every month.  What do you think will happen on the last Thursday of every month?  I imagine people joining together on the last day and just going crazy, either building these crazy buildings, cause you don't need to horde your wood any longer, or massive PvP battles cause you're not afraid to loose your weapons.  That's your crazy community day there...cause we all know when you wake up, we're all gonna be "naked" and in the open with just an empty backpack.

Think about it.  Quit griping and get over it.
A very nice comment on this problem.

Thanks for sharing that.
cant say much rather than amen to that!
You're right, kc. Players should understand why.

Now it's no use crying, it's done. Ended up.
I remember those days too Kc, and how I miss playing with you...I loved jumping down from our base and chasing a new player away. I didn't kill him, I just scared the crap out of him...Good times.......
Whitewolf, in a "Weaver Stance" .45 raised.   "LEAVE" Now...I don't have to miss"  aaaaaaannnnddd the chase is on...

lol...I remember that day..def good times...
[quote="kczak" pid='14399' dateline='1506692635']
"Why all of a sudden so much whining from the players?  I know I'm not active in the game, but try to stay relevant in the forums still when I have time, but seems like there's just been alot of whining going on.  I know we just wiped Metal recently, but the comments I'm seeing about how people are upset they lost 60 pieces of metal that they voluntarily said they gained from exploiting the airdrop system.  It kills me, the "gall" these folks have about changing a widely exploited feature."

- Hello Kczak, I am going to reply to your paragraphs one at a time. The "whining" as you call it is due to the fact that this was a deliberate move from the leadership team and negated all of the time some people put in collecting the metal(I am not upset and only lost a couple of pieces but understand their view). The Mods in the forum have had ZERO empathy for players that dedicated themselves to gathering the metal only to have it purposely removed with no warning and then justified by saying the players took advantage of a glitch/bug. As I stated in a previous thread that was locked, one of your own mods, a leader said it was ok to do and does it himself. Then to turn around and say we decided to remove it because you took advantage of it is hypocritical at best. As for the "gall", sure change the feature or fix the glitch but to take away something someone put a tremendous amount of time on thinking they had the "OK" from a Mod... That is some real "gall".

"I remember back "in the day" When Whitewolf and I just got started, I logged in one day and i was standing in the field, not my base I had just spend hours working on the previous day.  Whitewolf just said in the Chat, "It's all gone, KC" and we started chopping wood again.  That was the extent of it.  No complaining needed.  It was the nature of the game."

- Absolutely. The nature of a game in Alpha is exactly this. Glitches happen and bugs happen. The metal being removed was neither. I will reiterate, When the players are just following the lead of a Mod and/or leader and then are chastised, blamed and punished for doing so, there is a huge problem and it is not on the players side.

"Look at Rust for example.  I know this isn't Rust, and Chaozz has no plans to make it like Rust, but they have mandatory monthly wipes, and some servers wipe weekly.  EVERYTHING, even the stuff on you.  When I first read about that, I was like...WOW, dealbreaker, how do you ever get ahead.  But then I realized that community likes the frequent wipes and actually understands it helps gameplay.  It keeps the servers "clean" and resets everyone every so often to level the game field.  You complain about lag, and other things that could very well be caused by the database having to keep up with 1600 surplus pieces of metal, or player bases so big it stretches beyond the draw distance.  This kind of stuff slows it all down.  You complain that OP clans run around and dominate the servers, imagine just logging on for the first time ever and getting hit by one of these clans, everytime you start to build they just kill you, cause they have the guns already and a bag, and huge base with plenty of supplies.  If Survius had scheduled monthly wipes, then that new player would know that they'd get their chance in a month to start day 1 with everyone else.

Imagine if you will, the entire Survius community knows that a total server wipe will happen on the last Friday of every month.  What do you think will happen on the last Thursday of every month?  I imagine people joining together on the last day and just going crazy, either building these crazy buildings, cause you don't need to horde your wood any longer, or massive PvP battles cause you're not afraid to loose your weapons.  That's your crazy community day there...cause we all know when you wake up, we're all gonna be "naked" and in the open with just an empty backpack."

- Forgive me but I have never played Rust, from what I understand, players know about the mandatory server wipes. If you are made aware of something BEFORE it happens then yes, I would agree that the player would have absolutely no right to complain and your response (along with many of the mods) would be justified.

- I will some this up with an example the mods may be able to relate with, Please try putting yourself in the shoes of this person:

You work really hard and save up a lot of money to purchase a used car, one you REALLY like. You know you take the risk that it could break down every now and again and it does but you are patient and put more time into it and it gets fixed. This is normal but then one day the management team of the car dealership come to your house and rip the engine out of your car. When you complain about what they just did you hear threats:

"What I'm hearing with all this is "Please take the whole car and everything in my pockets (wipe the whole server and player inventory) next time!!!"

"Next time just expect us to take the whole car instead of just the engine (a full wipe instead of a select item wipe)."

One of the managers even says "hey, you bought a used car and the wiki says it could break down on you, go buy a new car!" - This is clearly not a breakdown, more of a break in wouldn't you agree Kczak?

Now, the Owner of the dealership adds a comment to the mix due to your complaining and says, "Respect only works if it comes from both sides. And this is not how you communicate with people." And he is absolutely correct. As you try to continue the conversation one of the managers promptly "Closes the conversation".

As the group of managers walk away, you hear them say things like:

"Now it's no use crying, it's done."

"cant say much rather than amen to that!"

"Quit griping and get over it."

Think about it. How do you feel as a customer right this moment?
We all are tester here.
the thing is that noone here is a customer.

this game is offered to be tested for free by the developer and we are all exposed to his good will.

in your example, the car you want is given to you for free, then the real owner comes and takes the turbo off because you were overspeeding. that's my view...

and about the respect, you can complain, yes, I believe that we are all very open to constructive criticism. but in that topic that you refer to, you will notice that the manners used were not very constructive, specially showing the name of the game in a tomb plus some other silliness that had to be deleted... that is offensive and maybe it's why some of us find it hard to reply in a smiley face..
Big Moses,

you brought up some valid points, I too am an analogy kind of guy, so i really enjoyed your used car analogy.  Staying with that analogy.  You've put all this time and energy into your beloved used car, and your neighbor one day finds out where they keep the engines at the factory and helps himself to them.  In fact, he has to build 60 more garages to keep all those "ill gotten" engines in.  OK, no big deal, doesn't effect you that your neighbor has 60 garages full of engines, does it?  Or does it.  Now all these easily attained engines are out in the market, and it makes your engine worth less.  Alot less.  Now when you advirtise to sell you car, and stress it has a nice strong engine because you took care of it so well, it mean nothing.  Ah, I can just get a new engine from your neighbor.  I'll only give you 1/2 the price you are asking.

OR, all this ill-gotten metal is used to make a tremendous amount of axes or arrows, I hear those are craftable now.  Now you and everyone else is outgunned by "innocent" ill-gotten metal.

The point I was making is that, alpha or not, there was a surplus of metal on the market, because some people exploited a game feature.  It was identified, discussed and rectified.  No notice was given, because in the past when we warned of wipes, we got ridiculous amounts of hate posts and crying of pleading to PLEASE don't, i've worked so hard on my base, etc...even after we stated, the wipe will happen and nothing you say can change our minds.  We would still get numerous posts, and PMs pleading that we not wipe.

I believe scheduled wipes are a good thing.  Either after every update, or monthly or every other month.  

And let's also not forget Big Moses, none of us are Chaozz's customers.  If this game was in final, or we were charged something to play, then you'd have a leg to stand on, but the blunt truth is, you've been invited to play this game, and help "discover" the problems with it, so it can one day move out of alpha and get closer to a paid release perhaps.

I commend all of the exploiters and bug finders, THAT's how this game can grow and get better, by sealing up those holes that are found.

(09-29-2017, 10:06 PM)roman_hg Wrote: in your example, the car you want is given to you for free, then the real owner comes and takes the turbo off because you were overspeeding. that's my view...

YES!!! excellent comparison.