Clear skin only for donors.
(09-18-2017, 05:55 AM)BigMoses Wrote: Chaozz (and the mod team), You did a great job on this update and I will be donating on the fundraising page assuming that is still a viable way to donate?

You can support the fundraiser, but you can also directly donate via chaozz@paypal.com or "buy" the game on itch.io.

(09-17-2017, 10:00 PM)Night_Wolf Wrote: I want to make it clear that I love the new clothes and I am totally in favor of them being just the players who donated, it is more than fair, but I think ALL players should be able to at least change the skin of your character.

About the gender and skin being donators only; that is intentional. It was by far the easiest way to implement and has really started to pay off in donations. Yesterday alone I received 4 donations! 

So while I understand the concern, if you want to look cool or different, you should donate. Else you should just accept the default guy and grey shirt. Smile
I'll say that I agree, skin color should be chosen for free; however, so should gender, but then you have males picking a female because they want to look at the female. It's because of this that I'll say oh well, guess we'll have to donate.

Sorry to all you players that don't have the money to donate (I don't either), looks like we get to play a black guy with a boring shirt. That's not a bad thing, and if you think it is, you might be racist.

I will also bet most of you wouldn't have minded this change f it happened before you started playing. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
let's make a poll and set the default character to what the mayority votes, that way noone will complain or blame the developer. as you were saying, it's as discriminatory to women who have to pay to look femenine... but this is an alpha, no a beautiful customized full version
(09-18-2017, 08:51 AM)roman_hg Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 10:00 PM)Night_Wolf Wrote:  restrict the color of the skin of your character, is already beyond the limits.

i just found this quite inappropriate. there are other ways of suggesting change or even a bug, as Mohenjo said it may not be on purpose. but these kind of things are what people care about.. just see how much discussion.

and back in version 0.6.x you could not choose skin and everyone was hapy

I will not stop talking about something that I think by thinking of what you will find appropriate or not, if you are not able to see all the ways I do to suggest changes here, I'm sorry, but please keep yourself in the subject being approached and stop getting caught sentences reserved to talk about another topic.

Well, this is my opinion on this subject, Chaozz implemented this intentionally, as he himself said, to collect more donations, I respect, but I do not agree, because in my opinion I think the color of the skin should be free access to all players.
Guys, is the reason you want to choose your skin because you want it to be more accurate of yourself or because you want to look cool/good? If I'm a male playing a female character, I'm doing to for the looks, not for any other reason. If I'm black playing a white character, I'm doing so because I think it looks cooler.

If you are of a skin color/gender and want to play them to look more like yourself, that's a valid argument, but I highly doubt most people online actually feel that way.
I liked the idea of the poll about the standard character of the game, I can do it on another topic so that we can see the community's opinion.
Honestly, I won't act on the poll. It's been like this in the beginning. Later I added customizations to the game (for everyone, because I didn't have a plan for the donation idea), and now I changed things around again. Things will keep changing. Smile
I thought a lot about the poll question, but I changed my mind, I'll open a suggestion post in a few minutes and I would really appreciate your input and opinion on the subject Chaozz.