3D modelling
(05-22-2017, 08:49 AM)chaozz Wrote: Send the the FBX, please! I encourage everyone to send me models. I won't promise I'll include it, but it wouldn't be the first 3rd party model I'd use.

Maybe you could List the models you would like made for the game ?
(06-04-2017, 05:19 PM)kirsin Wrote: Maybe you could List the models you would like made for the game ?
have a go with the Ship for Craftfield port area.

i'll just put some more detail to my 1st version posted there
(uploaded to the shared folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing)

-Dimensions: 130m x 17m x 9m draft (27m deepest to highest point)
-Capacity for 84 containers (aprox 3m x 9m) with corridors between them to explore
-5 interior levels with 20 rooms (1: kitchen/dining room, storage room, engine room, 2 spare rooms; 2: 3 small cabins, 3 big cabins; 3: 2 massive spare rooms; 4: 6 big cabins; 5: a big navigation room divided in two stances). plus other intermediate stances such as corridors, stairs, deck, etc.

To do:
-need to add more objects (beds, chairs, navigation controls/computers)
-need to reduce the polygons (dont know how to measure this properly). All I get is that message saying 17k edges, which seem quite a lot to me. That's excluding the containers, I put too much detail on them and adding them to the model triples the previous number. Also the bit under the water has too much detail and rounded shapes that increase the no. of polygons and may not be appreciated in a game. Maybe i'll do a more triangulated version of this.

Hope to see some more versions of this one (FlamingGenius) just to see different interpretations and how you got to them Smile

I think that's all about my two weeks without wi-fi and having to find something to run locally.. Now hopefully I will have some time to measure the bridge and see if this thing will fit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think seeing some sunken ships in the bay would be cool, maybe have a couple that have run aground (could have a bit of loot for the par cor-ers in the game Wink )
Good work roman I won't be working on any models for the time being we've been discussing an idea and I might be doing something in the future but my own work has a slight priority right now keep up the good work

Also remember anything that is not seen in game (under water,blocked view) doesn't need faces once your model is complete go back and delete faces or merge tiny faces into 1 large face to cut back 17k is definitely a really big number for 1 model
im kinda new to 3d modelling, but made a lowpoly non textured boat Tongue

[Image: Mhf2vyeES8CPkv91D3DI4Q.png]
It could be a fishing boat in one of the lakes/bay lol
Now learn uv mapping Dark Coder or if your using blender just toss so different materials on the faces

Top layer(inside the boat): Wood material
Side layer: maybe some steel looking material
Bottom layer: If your reading this then I've made a mistake there shouldn't be a bottom layer because we shouldn't see it :p
Thanm you ill try my best Smile
Uv unwrapping felt a lil bit complicated and i need time to get used to it

Ill try the materials
Uv mapping is really very simple and imagine the grid being a picture and all the faces fit on the grid to form a picture u have to arrange the faces on the grid in a way u will remember so you can color/shade it later on on photos hop or something of the sorts 

Take the "design a shirt" basically what we have there is an unwrapped model and we're just coloring in the faces

Another way to think about it

Your creaging a coloring book
FlamindgGenius
Uv mapping is really very simple and imagine the grid being a picture and all the Penimaster Pro reviews faces fit on the grid to form a picture u have to arrange the faces on the grid in a way u will remember so you can color/shade it later on on photos hop or something of the sorts

Take the "design a shirt" basically what we have there is an unwrapped model and we're just coloring in the faces

Another way to think about it

Your creaging a coloring book

Where's a good place to start learning 3d modelling so I can create stuff like this?