Harassment in game - thoughts
(03-12-2017, 07:33 AM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Not sure that's on topic at all lol, you look it up or already know about it?

To sum it up, harassment is when someone goes way too far. Like here's the line for ok pvp, they went 3 miles past it.

My Dad's an architect teacher at the uni, plus i like ancient world.
(03-12-2017, 07:18 AM)FlamingGenius Wrote: Why is there an issue with this rule are you planning to hunt someone down? If it doesn't affect you then why is there an issue with it?

I am planning on hunting you down friend Big Grin
(03-12-2017, 07:40 AM)kRaZyKiLLa Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 07:18 AM)FlamingGenius Wrote: Why is there an issue with this rule are you planning to hunt someone down? If it doesn't affect you then why is there an issue with it?

I am planning on hunting you down friend Big Grin

x2 leave something for me
Krazy, I get what you're saying, but you don't realize how small the map is until you get targeted and I mean targeted. When I first joined, I set up my base with my clan near clem. A player got it in his head to kill me on sight and I was like, ok, time to move and went into the mountains. It was a nice little place that most players couldn't find, my clan had a very hard time finding the base. Couple days of hunting the player found me and killed me every chance he could. I didn't run away crying either, but a ban would have been nice. There was no reason, we even asked why he targeted me and his response was along the lines as, "you're stupid and it's fun."

I'm not against PvP at all, nor am I against bounties for players, I am against targeting that ruins the game. Kill someone once, ok, five times, you're pushing it, follow them so they can't get away from you, you're just being a douche and need to be banned. And if you say, just go into surrender mode, I'll reply with, that doesn't work if they just stay there the whole time and took all your weapons.

P.S. hunting someone and tracking them is fun and not against the rules.
i was targeted for a long time on this game by one player but i guess thats part of the (GAME) gotta do what you gotta do to survive

(03-12-2017, 07:07 AM)FlamingGenius Wrote: Imagine I'm new and have no clue what I'm doing 

You being an experienced player could probably find me or trick me into getting killed

Your able to kill me multiple times and I get discouraged and quit

That hurts the community and the game that player could have been the next tracker or Odin 2 very good players but he got drove away over someone harassing them

The rule isn't there for a simple "oh he killed me and I'm offended"

Things like harassing new players constantly killing them or following someone server to server

SSome people just wanna enjoy other aspects of the game and not PvP if your purposely going to kill them and they can never have a base that should be a kick and a ban if persistent

this was chaozz's exact words to me when i complained 

it's not against the rules to kill players, that is why there are guns in the game. i think the real problem is that people need to start playing smarter, avoid clemenster, start a base in the mountains, or the small island.

i can't warn/kick him/her for killing players.
(03-12-2017, 07:42 AM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Krazy, I get what you're saying, but you don't realize how small the map is until you get targeted and I mean targeted. When I first joined, I set up my base with my clan near clem. A player got it in his head to kill me on sight and I was like, ok, time to move and went into the mountains. It was a nice little place that most players couldn't find, my clan had a very hard time finding the base. Couple days of hunting the player found me and killed me every chance he could. I didn't run away crying either, but a ban would have been nice. There was no reason, we even asked why he targeted me and his response was along the lines as, "you're stupid and it's fun."

I'm not against PvP at all, nor am I against bounties for players, I am against targeting that ruins the game. Kill someone once, ok, five times, you're pushing it, follow them so they can't get away from you, you're just being a douche and need to be banned. And if you say, just go into surrender mode, I'll reply with, that doesn't work if they just stay there the whole time and took all your weapons.

P.S. hunting someone and tracking them is fun and not against the rules.

How can you "not be against bounties", which is a straight up target, but then say targeting is bad?  If I was targeted for having 74 days on the books, yeah the first person that got me would end the target reason, but how long till the other's quit "targeting" me for the bounty since there isn't a top 10 list anymore..?

I'm with Krazy here....I even spoke of this in one of my "articles" YOU WILL be killed for no reason, people are jerks.  Don't give us a gun, then ask not to use it.

We all have our own game, our own playstyle.  I'm the crazy old guy who lives alone in a tiny cabin in the woods.  Wrecker likes to live in the hustle and bustle.  Survius is a post apocolyptic world.  There is no law, there really shouldn't be many rules, except the physics ones.  My game with Survius started exactly like that mentioned earlier, someone hopped my wall to an open base and killed me, right inside my own base.  I was naive, didn't know people would kill me for no reason.  After i respawned, i asked the player why he killed me, "because KCzak is stupid"  Oh, i ranted and raved in the chat for a few minutes, and I think it was Nelson, he said "dude, you got wronged, move on"  And so I did.  I didn't come here and complain, i didn't quit the game, I didn't go tyranical and try to wipe out everyone.  First thing i did, figured out how to put a roof on my courtyard.  Then I scouted out new places to live.  The road to Clem was too dangerous.  

I think a targeting rule is just asking for players to leave because that's their fun.  What if the PvP players started complaining alot about the big bases getting in the way of their PvP, and wanted a rule against it.  i know it sounds dumb to say that, but think about their view.  But what if for some reason, there was a rule about bases only being able to be 1 foundation....?

(03-12-2017, 07:07 AM)FlamingGenius Wrote: Imagine I'm new and have no clue what I'm doing 

You being an experienced player could probably find me or trick me into getting killed

Your able to kill me multiple times and I get discouraged and quit

That hurts the community and the game that player could have been the next tracker or Odin 2 very good players but he got drove away over someone harassing them

The rule isn't there for a simple "oh he killed me and I'm offended"

Things like harassing new players constantly killing them or following someone server to server

SSome people just wanna enjoy other aspects of the game and not PvP if your purposely going to kill them and they can never have a base that should be a kick and a ban if persistent

FG,

If that'd been the next tracker or Odin2, they'd stick around.  People who quit at the first signs of resistance usually don't amount to the "next big thing"  

And there is no magical number over our head that says whether you are a new player or not.  How is anyone to know.  There are a million accounts here the have been created since before you and I joined, but i never see them, so in essence, they could be a newbie still, or not.  

BUT, there is a HUGE amount of content and help here on the forums, it's a basic and awesome tool to learn the game before you even step foot on the island.  We've given new players every tool to succeed in this game.  We've warned them that people are jerks and will kill for no reason, they've been told that Clem is a bloodblath, don't go there.  And yet, we still have people that log in and say "huh, first time, what this game about?"  and we all sigh....then start our hey newb speeel about the forums and F1, and this and that, only for them to say this game sucks and leave.  BUT that's also a big old opportunity for said jerks to find this self admitted newb and mess with them.
Dang guys, you're missing what the rule is and I'm probably not explaining it very well.

If you go out of your way to make one player's game player miserable and ruin it for them, you're probably harassing them and breaking the rule.

Targeting someone because they have the most days survived isn't harassment. Killing someone at your base isn't harassment. Running around the island and killing whoever you see isn't harassment.

Following on person and making sure to find them SO THAT YOU CAN KILL THEM can fall under harassment. That would be going out of your way to ruin the game for them. Seeing someone in chat and thinking, "They're pretty arrogant, let's set them straight" isn't harassment, killing then 20 more times is.

A bounty is a fun aspect to the game. Let's say you have 5 players after you, each kills you twice meaning you were killed 10 times. Sucks, none of them were trying to ruin the game for you, they were trying to kill you and get a reward.

If one of those players killed you once, got the reward; killed you again, was told there was no reward; but then they kept killing you wherever you went (Started in clem, went to hunters, still getting killed, went to the other side of the mountain at the GV and they still killed you) then that could be considered harassment. If you wanted to be sure and joined a different server and they showed up there and killed you again, then that's pretty clear harassment.

Hopefully this clears the rule up and most of you can agree with it?
(03-12-2017, 05:05 PM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Dang guys, you're missing what the rule is and I'm probably not explaining it very well.

If you go out of your way to make one player's game player miserable and ruin it for them, you're probably harassing them and breaking the rule.

Targeting someone because they have the most days survived isn't harassment. Killing someone at your base isn't harassment. Running around the island and killing whoever you see isn't harassment.

Following on person and making sure to find them SO THAT YOU CAN KILL THEM can fall under harassment. That would be going out of your way to ruin the game for them. Seeing someone in chat and thinking, "They're pretty arrogant, let's set them straight" isn't harassment, killing then 20 more times is.

A bounty is a fun aspect to the game. Let's say you have 5 players after you, each kills you twice meaning you were killed 10 times. Sucks, none of them were trying to ruin the game for you, they were trying to kill you and get a reward.

If one of those players killed you once, got the reward; killed you again, was told there was no reward; but then they kept killing you wherever you went (Started in clem, went to hunters, still getting killed, went to the other side of the mountain at the GV and they still killed you) then that could be considered harassment. If you wanted to be sure and joined a different server and they showed up there and killed you again, then that's pretty clear harassment.

Hopefully this clears the rule up and most of you can agree with it?
well that happen to me and i was told to go to a different server
Well, as you can see from this post, not all the admins are on the same page, so yeah, some will tell you to go to a different server. If they follow you there then definitely report then with proof.
I like apples.