Survius Forums
Version 0.12.6 - Printable Version

+- Survius Forums (https://www.survius.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.survius.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://www.survius.com/forums/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Version 0.12.6 (/thread-2994.html)

Version 0.12.6 - chaozz - 12-18-2019

Small update.
https://www.survius.com/blog/2019/12/18/survius-0-12-6/

RE: Version 0.12.6 - Vincent89 - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 09:55 PM)chaozz Wrote: Small update.
https://www.survius.com/blog/2019/12/18/survius-0-12-6/

Omg Downloading NOW thanks a lot for this small update!!!

RE: Version 0.12.6 - Tentacle1 - 12-19-2019

Elmer, are you working on an updater for the near future?
I have some suggestions btw:

. I know you want to keep GUI clean but maybe we can have some sort of inventory information on screen ( like full, empty slots, hand free, etc )
. The number of logs to get a pack of wood is alright but af crafting time, there is not much correlation between the inventory size and the number of items needed to build X stuff. Usually applies to foundations.
. Some loot placing can be improved. Like food on tables and soda on fridge, etc. It not only keeps coherency but it is easier to pick them up
. Sometimes you can find 2x of certain items, like toolboxes and axes in the same place. I don't see the practical end of this and consider it's better for fair gameplay to distribute more island wide all the loot.
. Footsteps are a bit noise. I understand the need to have it, but a bit lower volume would make it better
. And please, if you can take a look at the damage from fall mechanic. Sometimes you are just full health and plain die because of a 4 inches cliff just by walking.
. I'm very happy with the night become dark again but maybe you can introduce moonphases to allow some level of illumination from time to time. That could improve gameplay.
. Remind you of map markers. Maybe you have already thought about it. Sometimes you just need to mark a place where you hid something or for orientation purposes
. When campires extinguish, canteen and food also do. Would be nice to leave traces of campfire where you can recover your staff.
. Some new players find difficult to know what to do first. Would be great if they have some sort of hints the first day
. Game join after death is a painfull experience. I know it's due to the nature of game hosting itself but that really makes players run away

I know you are actually working on a lot, please take all this suggestions lightly.

RE: Version 0.12.6 - chaozz - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 12:17 AM)Tentacle1 Wrote: Elmer, are you working on an updater for the near future?

Elmer Elmar

Quote:I have some suggestions btw:

. I know you want to keep GUI clean but maybe we can have some sort of inventory information on screen ( like full, empty slots, hand free, etc )

I feel it's not really realistic if you can always see how much storage you have left, or how many bullets you have left without checking it (opening your inventory)

Quote:. The number of logs to get a pack of wood is alright but af crafting time, there is not much correlation between the inventory size and the number of items needed to build X stuff. Usually applies to foundations.

Never read that complaint before, but if you have a suggestion for improvement, let me know.

Quote:. Some loot placing can be improved. Like food on tables and soda on fridge, etc. It not only keeps coherency but it is easier to pick them up

In a lot of houses food already spawns near the fridge, or on shelves (like in the stores). But I'll see what I can do.

Quote:. Sometimes you can find 2x of certain items, like toolboxes and axes in the same place. I don't see the practical end of this and consider it's better for fair gameplay to distribute more island wide all the loot.

Nothing much I can do about this, as the spawning of loot is randomized. Sometimes you find none, sometimes you find multiple.

Quote:. Footsteps are a bit noise. I understand the need to have it, but a bit lower volume would make it better

Agreed.

Quote:. And please, if you can take a look at the damage from fall mechanic. Sometimes you are just full health and plain die because of a 4 inches cliff just by walking.

I was running around the mountain area for a long time yesterday and I feel it's in a good spot right now. If you run off steep slopes, you get hurt. In real life you also can not run off slopes. Zig-zag down and you're fine.

Quote:. I'm very happy with the night become dark again but maybe you can introduce moonphases to allow some level of illumination from time to time. That could improve gameplay.

The nights are not that dark, and if it rains you can see light through the clouds. These nights are even less dark.

Quote:. Remind you of map markers. Maybe you have already thought about it. Sometimes you just need to mark a place where you hid something or for orientation purposes

The map represents a paper map. If you want to remember a location, then.. remember it? Tongue

Quote:. When campires extinguish, canteen and food also do. Would be nice to leave traces of campfire where you can recover your staff.

I'll think about this.

Quote:. Some new players find difficult to know what to do first. Would be great if they have some sort of hints the first day

Agreed. I have a few staff members working on making the game more accessible etc. More improvements on this area are upcoming.

Quote:. Game join after death is a painfull experience. I know it's due to the nature of game hosting itself but that really makes players run away

Not much that can be done about this I'm affraid. Perhaps I could work on a respawn button that would at least reload the island on the same server with the same player. Would that make it less "painful" ?

Quote:I know you are actually working on a lot, please take all this suggestions lightly.

Thanks for taking your time to make these suggestions! It's appreciated.

RE: Version 0.12.6 - Vincent89 - 12-19-2019

Thanks a lot, I really love the dark night now, it look really beautiful! I can use my flashlight just properly fine now. I am also really happy about the camera, it's not shaking anymore and I can aim just properly fine now, thanks a lot!

I also would like to suggest something which I've already suggested somewhere in the forum, it would be beautiful to have a sort of npc or a signboard which give daily quests and some kind of rewards to complete them. For example bring 3 scrab of metal or kill 3 zombies to get the reward.

I also was thinking that it would be cool to have a kind of statistics menu which show for example how many zombies, wolf, deer etc I have killed along with how many days I survived. Later it would be cool to have a leaderboard (as the top ten survivor) but regarding how many zombies etc has been killed.

RE: Version 0.12.6 - Tentacle1 - 12-20-2019

Quote:Elmer Elmar

Sorry, dude. That was a typo. I know your name since hack the game

Quote:I feel it's not really realistic if you can always see how much storage you have left, or how many bullets you have left without checking it (opening your inventory)

No. I'll be unhappy with the bullet info. Just some info that help you know when to stop felling trees ( "full inventory" appears after you made the chopping ). It's a minor thing actually.

Quote:Never read that complaint before, but if you have a suggestion for improvement, let me know.

Well, building a foundation and upgrading it, takes much practical time even if you have all the needed material for both operations. You just can't carry it all at the same time. maybe allowing to rack up planks packs or lowering the number of wood needed by -1 to build or upgrade foudations

Quote:I was running around the mountain area for a long time yesterday and I feel it's in a good spot right now. If you run off steep slopes, you get hurt. In real life you also can not run off slopes. Zig-zag down and you're fine.

Should have mentioned, you only suffer damage when running. I know is not a good idea to run around a mountain but sometimes you get really hurt in a little hill. Or maybe is not all the time and it just a matter of buggy geometry in some places of the map.

Quote:The map represents a paper map. If you want to remember a location, then.. remember it? Tongue

Of course. I mean, you can build staff to achieve the same purpose like a wooden box or an obstacle anyway. And we actually do. So as the function is already existent there's only a lack of a item for that purpose. but I can see your point now thinking about smart players ideas and so.

Quote:Not much that can be done about this I'm affraid. Perhaps I could work on a respawn button that would at least reload the island on the same server with the same player. Would that make it less "painful" ?

That would be a great addition 

-----
I must say, overall I'm really happy with the direction you're taking. You don't want to fill this game with crap and things that make some other games of the same genre a garbage.
Some of the suggestions are product of my concerns about the popularity of the game tho. I know, as a user, I shouldn't be concerning about it. I'm just looking forward for a growing community. Easier with people our age but harder with the main quota of gamers out there ( usually younger people that tends to want everything fast paced) . but again, so far, so good. This game is a keep!