Survius Forums
So this seems to be a "Thing" now - Printable Version

+- Survius Forums (https://www.survius.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Alpha (https://www.survius.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.survius.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: So this seems to be a "Thing" now (/thread-1087.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

So this seems to be a "Thing" now - kczak - 03-01-2017

So building safes near hunter blinds seems to be a thing now.  Seeing this more and more across the servers.

Or apparently building them near foundations to "block" or spoil someone's building plans.

Can we maybe code the safes to only be placeable on your own foundations?

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - Gavlis - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 03:02 PM)kczak Wrote: So building safes near hunter blinds seems to be a thing now.  Seeing this more and more across the servers.

Or apparently building them near foundations to "block" or spoil someone's building plans.

Can we maybe code the safes to only be placeable on your own foundations?

yep its ruined my build plans

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - Mohenjo Daro - 03-01-2017

You really shouldn't need to place safes anywhere but a foundation lol. It's a survival game, bring your loot back to a base.

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - kczak - 03-01-2017

I can see an advantage to leaving "caches" around your normal traveling routes, but as usual, it's something being abused.  I could see being a true lonewolf, and just have like 4 safes in each quadrant, and no base, that you constantly just run between them all stocking and consuming...

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - Mohenjo Daro - 03-01-2017

I mean, if that's how you want to play. I have a safe next to where I build my base lol, 2 after the last air drop (seriously, gives too much metal). Even if we can only build safes on foundations, players will build the foundation, build the safe, then let the foundation decay.

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - Wrecktem_Recker - 03-01-2017

i say as long as you're not abusing this and ruining the general gameplay, this is where the OWNERSHIP feature would come in handy, make sure too many of these arent just lying around, and maybe have a DELETE feature for chaozz only, so he doesnt have to wipe a whole map for certain assholes building on other peoples bases, idk how easy a delete feature would be, or maybe a feature that prevents someone from repairing a certain structure so its guaranteed to disappear

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - kczak - 03-01-2017

my suggestion about only placing on foundations would prevent someone dropping a safe in your place through the wall, or putting it on your place, or beside your place, or near a permanent structure like the deer stands.

The game should allow you to place a foundation on or beside to a non-clan base.  Out in the middle of nowhere, sure, but i think "insisting" a safe can only be built on your own foundation would help rule out the "base spoiler use"

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - WillSmith - 03-01-2017

WILL SMITH HAS A HUGE ISSUE;

People have started using this as a deliberate bug to break the construction of a base.
Will Smith makes beautifull planned out bases and doesnt rush it.
TODAY Will Smiths base is now unable to be built because someone put a safe RIGHT UP AGAINST my base.
This is clearly abuse of a exploit and needs to be addressed.

[Image: PPzEgAp.png][Image: LaROLAJ.png]

It wont allow me to build ANYWHERE on my base now, this is total BS and abuse.
Will Smith is angry.

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - WillSmith - 03-01-2017

@chaozz

RE: So this seems to be a "Thing" now - kczak - 03-02-2017

I didn't even think this was possible...what if they had placed it in the door, at top of stairs...??? 

[attachment=276]

I know we've said that "blocking" public places like this is against the rules..