Survius Forums

Full Version: interior garden??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if before it was possible to plant near a foundation, but when trying to make an interior garden, it doesn't let me do it, because detecting one of my foundations. Could it be possible? since having an interior garden is very advantageous and logical, thus preventing others from stealing it.
No, we haven't been able to plant gardens near foundations since at least 0.12.0. You have to plant at least one full foundation length away.
I could make pots in which you can place them inside?
+1 good suggestion

Maybe it a realism issue ? Since you are growing tomatoes and stuff and you shouldn't enclose them inside a base, (specially with a roof)

But whatever, I think players being able to grow their own plants safely is a good gameplay therefore I think the distance should be reduced to 1m so people can grow plants in a piece of land inside their base.
the thing blocking it is the collider that allowes foundations to snap onto other foundations.
Definitely like the pot idea.
Seed + wood logs/planks = 1 pot of the used seed, placeable everywhere like the crate. Water the pot daily and the seed grows or maybe dies if not watered.

Would also 100% use for decoration if it has long leaves xD
(12-19-2019, 10:45 AM)chaozz Wrote: [ -> ]I could make pots in which you can place them inside?
 I like the pot idea!! +1

Big Grin
(12-19-2019, 10:45 AM)chaozz Wrote: [ -> ]I could make pots in which you can place them inside?

the thing blocking it is the collider that allowes foundations to snap onto other foundations.

I think the plant should not allow foundations to snap in that area, but not the other way around. It's better if plants could be put like safes etc as those are not affected by that collider.

Also if you're gonna consider adding something to fix this, might aswell add some kind of walls (external stone walls in the crafting suggestion) or fences to have a backyard (restricted to be in proximity to player's own base) or something like that is much better than a single specific item that you can put inside your base. Walls could be used for other things aswell. small addition, big impact.
safes are not impacted by the foundation colliders because they are allowed to be placed on top of foundations. but I'll see what I can do.